ROMET Limited was founded in 1972. Today, Romet is an international market leader in positive displacement rotary gas meters, electronic volume, temperature instrumentation and auxiliary equipment for the natural gas industry. Romet's mission is focused on driving customer satisfaction with responsive deliveries, technical support and customer service that is matched with rugged, reliable products and solutions that are manufactured with uncompromised Quality, Accuracy and Safety requirements.
We are currently looking for a Buyer with expertise in an industrial product manufacturing company to join our team in Mississauga, ON. This Buyer reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for all activities related to the procurement of assigned commodities/services (both direct and indirect) in support of the company's manufacturing and business needs. The scope of activities includes commodity sourcing, price/contract negotiation, vendor relationship management, purchase order preparation and expediting in order to ensure best pricing and delivery while also utilizing forecasting and analytic skills to meet inventory needs.
Key job responsibilities and accountabilities of the Buyer:
- Negotiating contracts for the purchase of production machinery/equipment.
- Procurement of all direct/indirect spend for assigned commodities.
- Preparation and issuance of purchase orders to suppliers and sub-contractors on a daily basis for timely receipt of goods to meet customer/project requirements.
- Working closely with the supply chain team to gain best understanding of forecast and production needs in order to support the company's procurement and inventory strategies.
- Reviewing competitive pricing, negotiating optimum pricing solutions, order policies, terms and conditions with suppliers and sub-contractors ensuring the most cost competitive price, quality, and delivery.
- Evaluating suppliers based on price and delivery performance.
- Managing all contract purchases, cancellations and re-schedule delivery dates in and out.
- Maintaining supplier and sub-supplier relationships and strategic alliances to ensure continuous flow of materials throughout the supply chain.
- Using forecasting and negotiating skills in order to maintain supply of critical inventory items and implementing supplier stocking programs where suitable and applicable.
- Expediting open purchase orders for past due items and ensuring On-Time Delivery (OTD) for all purchases utilizing the Open Purchase Order report.
- Working with Engineering in support of new product introduction launches and prototype production builds.
- Preparing supplier and purchasing status reports, administration tasks, such as filing, etc.
- Sourcing and qualifying suppliers (local and international) for materials/components.
The best match for this role can be described as:
- A self-starter with the ability to set and handle multiple priorities
- Someone who consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- A person able to work under pressure and meet frequent deadlines.
- Computer literate - with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as MRP/ERP systems (Navision GP Dynamics are the systems we use).
- Excellent communicator in English.
- Possessing excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Educational and experience requirements:
- 3-10 years of strategic procurement experience in an industrial or manufacturing organization.
- College/University degree in business/commerce/engineering or related discipline
- Lean manufacturing training and experience
We offer an attractive total rewards package consisting of competitive base salary and bonus, benefits, pension, and in-house training.
If you thrive in a culture of continuous improvement: this role is for you!