My client is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our growing BI Analytics team which is delivering industry-leading analytics solutions and insight to the following global functions:
- Finance, HR, Compliance and Corporate Affairs (the Enabling Units)
- Global Product & Portfolio Strategy (GPPS) and Global Analytics and Insight (GAI)
- Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of analytics experience, computational science skills and delivery within a pharmaceutical or similar commercial environment.
This individual will have a passion for problem solving, be detail orientated and have excellent analytics and data manipulation skills. They should be equally comfortable building a dashboard or report and using machine learning algorithms to predict trends and events. Queries will range from simple KPI questions involving a single source of data to complex predictive analytics over heterogeneous data sources. The solutions delivered could be ad-hoc or part of a larger project. The candidate must be delivery focused, eager to learn new skills and have commercial 'nous' to tailor the analytics approach to the business need and context.
The successful candidate will deliver tangible value to customers through the development of ad-hoc and large-scale analytics solutions.
This will be achieved by:
- Provide high quality, ad-hoc and project-based analytics input to support the business
- Establishing strong working relationships with business customers to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand
- Developing a robust understanding of the data sources, in particular the data provenance, quality and structure
- Support business exploitation of the 'Data Lake': identification of business priorities, developing relevant & efficient analytics strategies (data sources, queries, algorithm design), quality checking and delivering the output into a BI tool for consumption by end user(s)
- Being the dedicated analytics support for specific customer area(s) with and having the ability to flex skills to support broader analytics needs in other areas within the team as needed eg GPPS, Finance, Compliance, HR, GMA
- When required, taking on project management activities for small/medium sized analytics projects
- Undertaking business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
- Testing and quality assessment of new tools and products
- Be an active member of the EUG&G IT BI Analytics team which may include staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training provision etc.
- Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, best practice and new developments in analytics and data science
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following experience, capabilities and skills:
- 5 years+ data analytics experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical/commercial environment
- Degree or MSc in Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science or Computing
- Knowledge of statistics, predictive data modelling, hypothesis testing and decision support technologies (eg R, Spark, Scikit)
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for deriving knowledge from unstructured text
- Sufficient knowledge of the business area (or willingness to learn) such that the individual has credibility with the business and can work independently with relevant data sources, systems and tools to enable project progression
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques succinctly to a non-technical audience
In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- Project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English
- The role will have no direct line reports, but task management responsibilities within project or services may occur