My client is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our growing BI Analytics team which is delivering industry-leading analytics solutions and insight to the following global functions:
- Finance, HR, Compliance and Corporate Affairs (the Enabling Units)
- Global Product & Portfolio Strategy (GPPS) and Global Analytics and Insight (GAI)
- Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of analytics experience, computational science skills and corporate finance experience to support Group Finance function in analytics.
This individual will have a passion for problem solving, be detail orientated and have excellent analytics and data manipulation skills. They should be equally comfortable building a dashboard or report and using machine learning algorithms to predict trends and events. Queries will range from simple KPI questions involving a single source of data to complex predictive analytics over heterogeneous data sources. The solutions delivered could be ad-hoc or part of a larger project. The candidate must be delivery focused, eager to learn new skills and have commercial 'nous' to tailor the analytics approach to the business need and context.
The role holder will deliver tangible value to Finance through direct analytics support and the development of analytics solutions.
This will be achieved by:
- Establishing strong working relationships with the Finance & Compliance teams to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand
- Developing a robust understanding of the financial data sources, in particular the data provenance, quality and structure
- Support business exploitation of the 'Data Lake': identification of business priorities, developing relevant & efficient analytics strategies (data sources, queries, algorithm design), quality checking and delivering the output into a BI tool for end user(s)
- Working with EUG&G Architecture and Leadership, along with Finance, to develop the Financial Analytics strategy and roadmap
- When required be able to flex skills to support broader EUG&G IT analytics needs within other areas eg. Compliance, HR
- Working with suppliers to augment the capability in financial analytics
- Engaging technology vendors to identify new opportunities for improved support
- When required, taking on project management activities for small/medium sized analytics projects
- Undertaking business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
- Testing and quality assessment of new tools and products.
- Be an active member of the EUG&G BI IT Analytics team which may include staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training provision, etc.
- Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, best practice and new developments in analytics and data science
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following experience, capabilities & skills:
- 5 years+ data analytics experience, ideally in Finance
- Degree or MSc in Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science or Computing
- Experience of corporate financial data and processes, and ideally experience with SAP FICO
- Knowledge of statistics, predictive data modelling, hypothesis testing and decision support technologies (eg R, Scikit, Spark)
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for deriving knowledge from unstructured text
- Sufficient knowledge of the domain to enable the individual to have credibility with the business and work independently with relevant data sources, systems and tools to enable project progression
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques to a non-technical audience
- In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- Project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and innovation skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.
The role will have no direct line reports, but task management responsibilities within project or services may occur