My client is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our growing BI Analytics team which is delivering industry-leading analytics solutions and insight to the following global functions:
- Finance, HR, Compliance and Corporate Affairs (the Enabling Units)
- Global Product & Portfolio Strategy (GPPS) and Global Analytics and Insight (GAI)
- Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
This individual will provide advanced analytics expertise to our global strategy group (GPPS), our global insights group (GAI) and other stakeholders as required. This individual will utilise the appropriate analytical approach to support a range of stakeholders to increase insight and help inform strategy.
This role will aim to utilise your excellent machine learning and AI skills in a variety of interesting contexts. You could be working with large patient datasets and electronic health record data to understand outcomes by patient segment or with market research, IMS, sales and spend data to predict future performance. You'll be working collaboratively with analysts on the business side and with the IT team to deliver new insights.
Queries will range from simple KPI questions involving a single source of data to complex predictive analytics over heterogeneous data sources. The solutions delivered could be ad-hoc or part of a larger project. We are looking for someone who has a passion for problem solving, is detail orientated and has excellent advanced analytics and data manipulation skills. The candidate must be delivery focused and be eager to learn and apply new skills.
The role holder should deliver tangible value to customers through the development of ad-hoc and large-scale analytics solutions. This will be achieved by:
- Being one of the advanced analytics 'gurus' within the team, able to provide advice and deliver outputs using machine learning and artificial intelligence approaches on an ad-hoc basis and within project deliverables as required
- Delivering relevant & efficient analytics input, quality checking and delivering the output into a BI tool for consumption by end user(s)
- Establishing strong working relationships with business customers to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand
- Developing a robust understanding of the domain and relevant data sources
- Having the ability to flex skills to support broader analytics needs within other areas within the team as needed eg GPPS, Finance, Compliance, HR, GMA
- Undertaking business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
- Be an active member of the EUG&G IT Analytics team including staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training provision, etc.
- Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, best practice and new developments in analytics and data science
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following experience, capabilities & skills:
- 5 years+ data advanced analytics experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical or other commercial environment
- Proven experience of implementing advanced techniques into BI deliverables
- Degree or MSc in Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science or Computing
- In-depth knowledge of statistics, predictive data modelling, hypothesis testing and decision support technologies (eg R, Scikit, Spark)
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for deriving knowledge from unstructured text
- Sufficient knowledge of the domain (or willingness to learn) such that the individual has credibility with the business and can work independently with relevant data sources, systems and tools to enable project progression
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques succinctly to a non-technical audience
- In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- Project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.
- The role will have no direct line reports, but task management responsibilities within project or services may occur