Nr ref.: /JOBS.pl
Overall Purpose of the Job
Working with colleagues, the Directorate Support Officer will be expected to perform a variety of duties to facilitate the smooth operation of IT Services, ensuring effective and efficient business processes support, in-line with objectives of the Directorate and wider University.
Working with IT Services colleagues including; the IT Leadership Team (ITLT) to ensure appropriate working partnerships and support are in place in relation to the delivery of the Directorate's administrative services, and the student experience.
The range of administrative services provided by Directorate Support is extensive and includes finance and HR administration, liaison, planning and organisation. The Directorate Support Officer will work to the direction of the Directorate Support Manager.
The role will be responsible for undertaking assignments across project and/or service functions as required.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
Dependent upon assignment:
* Work with colleagues to deliver exceptional administrative support services.
* Support colleagues to ensure that Directorate Support objectives are met and it is operating efficiently and effectively.
* Supporting the IT Leadership Team (ITLT) activities include; email management and call screening, visitor arrangements and welcome activities, full diary management & organisation of meeting arrangements (including preparation of agendas, distribution of papers, collating meeting packs etc.)
* Familiarity with financial management of ITS external and internal contracts, including the maintenance of records for all such contracts ensuring prompt 1 and accurate recurrent payments and appropriate recharges for goods and services.
* Purchases and equipment procurements following European regulations and university purchasing procedures.
* Ability to interrogate data within the University Finance system to resolve simple queries.
* Provide HR administrative support and advice for IT Staff and liaison with central HR staff as necessary.
* Ability to process a variety of financial transactions including sales,
purchases, internal transfers, personal payments, recharging of services etc. ensuring compliance with University procedures.
* Undertake activities relating to University Purchasing Card transactions, ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls
* Administration of leave and sickness recording and monitoring on relevant University systems.
* Co-ordinating the delivery of goods from internal and external suppliers.
* Provide administrative support for the training team (course/room booking and logs etc.) as required.
* Disseminating information to staff via web based systems and/or email as required.
* Co-ordinating arrangements for travel, meetings, conferences, courses etc.
* Post holders are required to familiarise themselves with the University's Equality and Diversity policies and to actively support these wherever possible.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the IT Services Values of: One IT Team, Enabling
Others and Customer First. Display the appropriate behaviours to ensure the identified values are at the core of everything that is done.
* Be aware of and work within the constraints of the University Health and Safety,
Data Protection, and Confidentiality policies, bringing to the attention of management any issues arising.
* Actively work to ensure knowledge sharing amongst colleagues to avoid single point of failure.
* To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role.
Essential Knowledge, skills and experience
Qualifications and Experience
* Previous relevant work experience and/or holds a recognised relevant degree/professional qualification.
Skills and Competencies
* Some experience of administration and financial activities.
* Knowledge of everyday desktop and financial software.
* Planning and Organisation: Determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
* Interacting with People: Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
* Attention to Detail: Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
* Customer Focus - Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
* Time Management Techniques - Methods and techniques for making effective use of own time.
* Improvisation - Dealing effectively with unexpected situations, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming problems.
* Persistence - Meeting targets and fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail.
* Teamwork: Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
Skills and Competencies
* Information Acquisition: Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
* Techniques for Effective Meetings: Methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants.
* Analytical Thinking - Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.
Ogłoszenie pochodzi z serwisu Jobs.pl.
Proszę czekać - ładowanie treści...