The Senior Manager- QA Automation provides support to the AVP - Quality Assurance, and is responsible for the oversight, management and leadership of all automation testing within Aviva delivered via a shared testing model. This position is located in Toronto East (Scarborough).
- Responsible for overall leadership of the team, including the overseeing of Framework changes, automation coverage, quality/value of automation, digital automation etc.
- Work within a larger IT team to implement suitable continuous integration (CI) frameworks enabling earlier discovery of defects and higher quality software
- Support agile automation engineers to build/maintain effective automated user acceptance tests that will validate business user stories
- Oversee the coverage of automated regression scenarios to be used as regression tests during development integration and QA cycles
- Ensure service layer automated test solutions to support early automation
- Adhere to development coding standards and recommend continuous improvement of processes for Automation
- Work with the Automation Leads, Automation Engineers and peers to monitor the status, effectiveness, efficiency and quality of automation deliverables
- Participate in the planning and execution of cross-program integrated testing with peers - performance, security, stress, services, data, automation and load testing
- Lead CoPs for the QA automation organization to build bench strength
- Provide thought leadership in developing & improving our automation framework, script design, tooling & service offering by way of evaluating new technologies and participating in continuous improvement work sessions
- Work with strategic partners in regards to best practices with test tools, test design/execution & test accelerators
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required ITIL Certification
- 5+ years proven experience leading technical test teams
- Team Developer or Automator on an enterprise Information Technology (IT) team/set up & oversee automation test teams within large organizations
- Experience with web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
- Hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc)
- Working experience with platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Windows Server, Linux/Unix, J2EE, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc)
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Understanding of TDD, BDD and Shift Left concepts
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA
- Knowledge and benefits of Services and API layer development and testing
- Understanding of Database schemas and SQL queries a must
- Understanding of development and test automation best practices
- Strategic with a focus on delivery
- Strong initiative and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, growing, deadline driven environment
- Strong commitment to quality/advocacy on behalf of end-user
- Excellent Leadership skills and experience working in QA and technical teams
- Experience in delivering end-to-end technology implementation solutions
Note that applicants selected to move ahead in the selection process will receive an invitation to complete a video interview.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the company has more than 4,000 employees, 27 locations across Canada and approximately 1,500 independent broker partners. Aviva Canada invests in positive change through the Aviva Community Fund, Canada's longest running online community funding competition. Since its inception in 2009, the Aviva Community Fund has awarded $6.5 million to over 222 charities and community groups nationwide. For more information, visit avivacanada.com, our blog or our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
We thank all applicants for their interest.