Finning is looking to hire a Project Manager, Autonomous Mining for a permanent role in Fort McMurray, Alberta. If you are an Engineer with experience with Mining Projects and are interested in working with Autonomous, Remote Control and Semi-Autonomous Mining Technology: this role is a logical next step in your career.
The Autonomous Mining Project Manager reports directly to the Mining Industry Solutions Manager and will be responsible to support the strategic direction of the organization, demonstrate leadership, teamwork, integrity and quality to ensure the goals of customer satisfaction, market dominance and profitability are achieved.
The Autonomous Mining Project Manager will be accountable for the success of autonomous mining solutions in Finning Canada's region, including:
- Remote Control
- Fully Autonomous Systems
This individual will:
- Lead and manage the day to day activities related to the full implementation of autonomous mining solutions.
- Work closely with the customer, Caterpillar, and the internal Finning team to implement autonomous mining systems at customer sites. Managing customer expectations by providing technical advice at a subject matter expert level, analyzing and assessing the current state of the client's mining operation and identifying opportunities for improvement and added value.
- Be responsible for key project deliverables, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management.
- Represent the company as a specialized technical resource to provide a deeper understanding of the products, application, limitations and overall value proposition.
- Maintain a working knowledge of each capability set in the Cat MineStar suite - Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command. Provide detailed technology presentations and proposals to meet customer needs and expectations. Understand and effectively communicate the value proposition of the Caterpillar mining technology solutions.
- Document operational processes and develop strategic training and deployment programs required to support the autonomous mining solution
- Actively participate in selected tradeshows, training, community events, safety meetings and exhibits.
Education, skills and experience required:
- Holding a degree in Mining, Mechanical engineering or a related business field
- About 5 years of experience with Project Management in a Mining setting
- Sound understanding of the mining technology value proposition
- Project management skills with a strong capability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to liaise at a high level with customers and a diverse range of interdepartmental team members.
- Ability to make strategic decisions and use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all co-workers and customers.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively participate as part of a team, assist where appropriate and request assistance when needed.
- Understands the mining operation processes and technologies
- Understands the value proposition of mining technologies
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and electronics
- Understanding of GPS technology, radio communications
- Experience with asset management technology solutions i.e. MineStar, Wenco, Modular
- Successful external candidates shall be subject to a criminal records check
PLEASE NOTE: This role will require significant time on customer sites managing projects as they develop, there is potential to work on a specified rotation for remote locations.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.