Salary: 270.00-340.00 British Pound . GBP (Daily)
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Our client, a leading Broadcasting & Telecommunications company is seeking a Structural Engineer who's primary experience has been with Tower and Mast engineering, who ideally is a Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer or actively working towards Chartered status.
The Structural Engineer will provide a professional structural engineering service to support the delivery of broadcast and telecommunication infrastructure projects and the management of structural assets.
Structural Engineer responsibilities;
- Acts as a specialist in the field of mast and tower engineering
- The provision of structural solutions particularly in the area of masts, towers and broadcast equipment buildings ensuring structural integrity, reliability and serviceability.
- Subject matter expert for specific structural activities; planning, specifying and instructing structural works necessary to ensure the safety and integrity of our structural portfolio in order to meet the serviceability requirements for the intended service life.
- The design and/or approval of mast, tower, building, civil and rooftop installations as required by the business including feasibility costing, scheme design, detailed design, specifications, tender evaluation and structural acceptance.
- The instigation and management of structural investigations including geotechnical surveys, structural surveys and forensic investigations including the production of technical reports and business justifications.
- The fulfilment of the role of Designer, ensuring the provision of safe and economical designs in accordance with the CDM regulations including the production of all relevant documentation associated with the design of projects including calculations, specifications, design drawings and design risk assessments.
- The acceptance and/or sign-off of designs and handover documentation for projects carried out by others on our assets and the updating of structural records.
Background from Structural Engineer;
- A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline approved by the Engineering Council Institutions as an approved qualification for MICE or MIStructE.
- A Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer or actively working towards Chartered status.
- A good working knowledge of BSEN 1991; Actions on structures, BSEN 1992; Design of concrete structures, BSEN 1993; Design of steel structures and in particular BS EN 1993-3-1 Design of steel structures - towers, masts and chimneys and BS8100 - lattice towers and masts.
- Ability to make technical and rational judgements based upon technical data.
- Ability to write concise and accurate briefs and reports for senior management, customers and engineering staff.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, design and analysis software.
- Self-motivated innovator.
- Although not essential, an ability to climb tall structures would be an advantage.
Key: Structural Engineer, Tower, Mast, Telecoms, Broadcast, Steel, Chartered, MIStructE, Mott MacDonald, Atkins, AECOM, Jacobs, Arup