Are you an experienced Team Leader with in depth knowledge of high speed filling lines?
Would you describe yourself as organised with the ability to motivate others?
If the answer is yes, then Autoglym may have the opportunity you have been waiting for
Autoglym is a British manufacturer of a premium range of vehicle care and valeting products, which are sold in over 45 countries. As the holder of two Royal Warrants our products are used by enthusiasts and professionals and include customers such as vehicle manufacturers, major high street retailers, car dealerships, distributors, professional valeting companies and transport operators.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to join our friendly Manufacturing team here in Letchworth, on a 12 Month Fixed Term contract
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for organising themselves, their team and their work area in order to meet production demands
- Accountable for the completion of all administration and paperwork connected with their area
- Yearly Performance review sheets relating to each of their team.
- Responsible for day to day performance management of their team members
- Responsible for identifying their own training needs in respect of both job skills and personal skills
- Responsible for the training and development of their team members. Ensuring that training needs identified through Performance reviews are met.
- Responsible for informal discipline with regard to their team members and taking part in formal disciplinary proceeding when required up to the verbal warning level.
- Responsible for taking part in the recruitment of new team members. Ensuring new team members are given the correct induction
- Accountable for meeting all agreed targets set by Line Manager in work, and at Performance review time.
- Responsible for themselves and their team working in a safe manner at all times adhering to the company's health and safety policy and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting anything that may hinder safety on site.
- Accountable for the correct use of equipment in their area.
- Responsible for reporting any damage to their Line Manager as soon as possible
- Accountable for housekeeping in their work area.
To be successful you will need to have the following experience and personal characteristics:
- In depth knowledge of high speed filling lines
- Able to speedily and accurately present issues, reports and statistical data.
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Proven ability in motivating and organising staff.
- Team player
- Ability to use initiative with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
If you have the relevant experience and you would describe yourself as self-motivated, a team player and customer focused, then we would love to hear from you.