Salary: 50000.00-55000.00 British Pound . GBP (Annual)
Satellite and Systems Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary!
The Satellite and Systems Senior Engineer is a customer facing role reporting to the Head of Programmes and Engineering. The role leads the Business Unit's (BU's) integrated project engineering team and provides a systems approach to specialist engineering design and support services in the fields of Satellite, Radio Frequency (RF) communications and general engineering.
- To transition the current engineering team into an integrated project engineering team that efficiently supplies the engineering design and support services required to deliver projects defined within Task Service Forms (TSFs).
- To provide both a system and a specialist satellite engineering capability to the integrated project engineering team.
- To create and document the engineering processes required to facilitate the creation of an integrated project engineering function.
- All line manager responsibilities for the integrated project engineering team.
- To ensure all integrated project engineering tasks comply with the Change Control requirements of the BU.
- To provide, as part of Information Assurance (IA), support to the Senior Information Risk Owners (SIROs) and Information Asset Owners (IAOs) to foster good cyber culture and behaviours to satisfactorily manage the BU's information risk.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Must hold a relevant engineering degree or alternatively HNC/HND qualification.
- Must possess Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status registered with the Engineering Council in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Possess 5-years' experience in an antenna systems engineering role, working with systems similar to those used in the high power communications and broadcast industry.
- Possess 5-years' experience in the antenna engineering project environment working to deadlines using quality procedures.
- Overseeing system engineering aspects of all project development systems.
- Overseeing the development and documentation of system designs derived from customer or FM Provider requirements.
- Overseeing project engineers in the analysis of requested design changes to confirm feasibility, impact and viability.
- Management and control of specialist engineering subcontractors.
- Overseeing project engineers in the integration and test activities required to validate designs and ensure compliance with requirements.
Satellite System Engineer:
- To be a source of technical expertise in RF antenna systems and associated equipment, including radiation hazard.
- Have an excellent understanding of satellite ground station infrastructure and be able to either manage the design or advise on the design of such systems.
- Knowledge of how to perform RF testing on these and other RF systems.
- The role will also include work on other RF systems from RF switching, coaxial feeder, RF over fibre to antennas working at frequency ranges of LF through to microwave.
- Whilst the majority of work will be on receive only systems knowledge of transmission systems is also highly desirable.
- Knowledge of control systems related to communications systems is also desirable such as PC based control and monitoring and satellite antenna drive systems.
- Provision of technical expertise in RF antenna systems and associated equipment.
- Design, procurement, management and supervision of the implementation of antenna systems and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of HF and V/UHF RF based communication systems.
- Experience of working with antenna systems, feeders, combiners and Matrix systems.
The Satellite and Systems Senior Engineer must be able and willing to:
- Work Core Hours as specified within the Engineering Services contract.
- Work extended hours both abroad and in the UK when necessary.
- Travel abroad and in the UK when necessary.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.