Salary: 35000.00-45000.00 British Pound . GBP (Annual)
Quality Engineer (Assurance) x3
An exciting opportunity has arisen for three Quality Engineers to join a very successful and expanding FTSE250 defence organisation to work across the business on various quality requirements.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing assurance that the business is operating safely, compliantly, efficiently and effectively in a given domain and identifying continuous improvements to meet the requirements of regulators and the business.
The successful candidate will liaise with project teams across the department and visit the various sites to ensure quality assurance is being done correctly. As the business is moving away from an audit heavy approach, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a process to ensure that quality standards are still met.
Key Accountabilities (not limited to)
- To conduct process and product audits under the QA audit plan to assure safety and compliance regimes are effective and maintained (under ISO 9001 standards)
- To identify areas of non-conformance, risk to legal and regulatory approvals, and implement relevant actions in order to return to correct compliance standards
- Supporting area managers in delivering quality and maintaining regulatory compliance, providing training and coaching to staff when required about the importance and impact of quality assurance
- Assisting and advising in the development and production of quality management plans and relevant project documentation - ability to produce documentations and provide solutions to any problems or issues
- Identification and sharing of areas of good practice and process for use across the business
- Providing assurance of aviation supply chain
- Prepare for, lead and co-ordinate external audits
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a FTSE250 engineering defence organisation and become part of a new Technical Excellence team. You will get involved in broader projects and have the opportunity for career progression. You will have access to a new bespoke training academy and receive any in house training that is required.
- Quality Engineering experience - proven experience in a quality engineering or quality assurance role
- ISO9001 - evidence in working with ISO 9001 standards, 2015 version is desirable
- Engineering background - experience within a highly regulated industry; defence/aerospace/maritime preferred, will consider nuclear/automotive etc
- Continuous professional development - Six Sigma or other relevant qualifications are highly desirable
- Risk - understanding and appreciation of Risk - ability to articulate in a concise manor
- must be able to work independently and in a team
- Ability to think outside the box and be a problem solver
- High energy, willingness, robust, able to drive others
- Able to build and maintain good stakeholder relationships
If you feel like you possess these Quality Engineering skills, then please apply now to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
- Location: South West/M4 Corridor, able to be based at any of the main sites which include Bristol, Wiltshire, Farnborough, Malvern, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Worcester
- Travel: Frequent travel to other UK sites
- Working hours: 37 hours
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE