Salary: 40000.00-50000.00 British Pound . GBP (Annual)
Employee Relations Business Partner required to work for a multinational company, based in North Hampshire.
My client are investing in their HR function, and looking for HR professionals to partner with the business, specifically around Employee Relations. This will involve liaising with business leaders, HR, various teams and external parties on anything ER related.
Internal mobility is a big thing for my client, so the opportunity for the successful candidate to move across and up throughout the company, is vast. There is also scope to take on more team management responsibilities if that is the path you desire.
- Act as the primary interface between the Executive leadership teams, HRD and the ER team by identifying and facilitating the development of solutions to ER/Operational change programmes and activities
- Consult on, lead and project manage the design, development and delivery of a wide variety of business change/business improvement projects including, but not limited to, restructures, redundancies, TUPE mobilisations/de-mobilisations, complex change and performance management
- Advise and coach business unit managers to effectively manage all employee relations issues in line with the HR policy & guidance tiered model
- Proactively identify issues and/or areas of improvement/development, identifying and implementing appropriate interventions to resolve issues/improve performance
- Working in partnership with the assigned HR/Leadership team to ensure early visibility of ER/Change activity and ensuring that this is effectively programmed in with appropriate resource.
- Leading as a champion for the ER team and advice & guidance tiered model building positive working relationships with client base
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of HR initiatives and work with the SBU management team to agree and implement remedial action plans from an ER perspective
- Build and maintain strong relationships with managers and employees, to ensure HR remains responsive to business needs and expectations
- Act as a point of contact and support line managers, as appropriate, across the full scope of all escalated Employee Relations (ER) cases, including attendance where face to face support is required for more complex cases, to include but not limited to: Misconduct/Disciplinary, Grievances, Capability/Performance, Absence (short and long term), Redundancy
- Coach, develop and up skill line managers through proactive interventions, tactical training & development activities
- Support the business with the management of whistleblowing and compliance investigations, leading on HR related cases, where required, and working with other stakeholders as appropriate
- Lead in the management of tribunal applications within the region, supported by the wider HR community as appropriate and external legal partners as agreed
- Develop and maintain personal expertise and best practice across the team, actively share knowledge and case management experience, in order to maintain consistency of approach and continuous improvement.
- Ensure effective, timely case management of people related issues
- Liaising/managing local Trade Union/Staff Association relationships in relation to ER cases (as appropriate).
- Assimilate information and context of particular cases in order to educate, coach and develop line managers through a range of ER interventions, resulting in their improved understanding and ability to prevent and/or manage future issues
- Monitor trends in employment practices/employee relations issues - both internally and externally - proposing applicable changes, updating of policies, proactive solutions and preventative actions etc., as appropriate
- Liaising with external lawyers as appropriate to seek advice and guidance
- Ensure all relevant notes, paperwork, case notes etc. are accurately maintained and processed in a timely and appropriate manner in line with Business Unit expectations
- Prepare written reports, documents, letters etc.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of building, developing and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships, with senior leaders, ideally with experience of working in complex, Matrix structures
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated through a variety of methods including written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work without close supervision, emotionally intelligent, a self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team but who is equally comfortable working on their own, utilising their initiative in an effective manner
- Strong organisational, planning, time and project management skills with evidence of ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality, accuracy, attention to detail and high standards
- Experience of leading and advising on organisational and operational change initiatives
- Good prioritisation skills with proven experience of being able to manage a high and diverse workload and able to respond positively to changing priorities, working effectively in a proactive and reactive manner, displaying a flexible approach, making balanced and timely decisions
- Experience of providing a true consultancy service to business leaders. Able to demonstrate a positive approach to customer service and focus on delivering customer requirements
- Up to date employment law knowledge and its pragmatic application to cases
If you have the relevant experience and expertise for the role, and would like to hear more, please forward an up-to-date CV to Adam Kaley
Allegis Group Limited and Aston Carter Limited operate Employment Businesses and Agencies and are companies within the Allegis Group Inc. group of companies, the fourth largest staffing company in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems and Aerotek are divisions of Allegis Group Limited. Applicant data will be treated in accordance with the Allegis Group's Privacy Notice). By submitting personal data to any company or division within the Allegis Group, the applicant is providing explicit consent to the use of such data by the Allegis Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Allegis Group companies within the UK, Europe and outside the European Economic Area in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile, and confirms that they may be contacted about such job opportunities.